Big bugs
I like bugs. I know I'm not alone.
The patrons of Melbourne Museum made their love of bugs so well known that the museum recently held a holiday exhibition dedicated to the these creatures. 'Bug lab' was complete with a bug slide: climb in the mouth and 'get poo-ed out the bug's bottom' as Frankie clearly remembers. Digital high-five to Kim, Emily and Remi for taking Frankie on that insect-outing. This spectacle was of course in addition to the permanent 'bugs alive' exhibition on show.
So to all those who appreciate a good multi-legged crawler here is a short collection of pics from our first month in Zambia. I'm sure the number will grow.
While I couldn't always put something in the photo to help scale the bugs, trust me, it feels like they breed them a little bigger out here.
The current bug highlight, has been counting the number of spiders in our bedrooms each night. Given we have been able to a) make it a little competitive and b) give each spider a name*, Frankie is quite enjoying the nightly activity and gets a little disappointed if no spiders are nearby^. Spider census has been followed closely on the highlight reel by seeing Bob catch a monster mosquito in notre chambre. Who needs mefloquine (our family's anti-malarial medication with a side-effect of vivid nightmares) when you are surrounded by giant spiders?
*all spiders are currently getting called 'Bob'
^there is a mosquito net between Frank and Bob/s for those arachnophobes out there.
So to all those who appreciate a good multi-legged crawler here is a short collection of pics from our first month in Zambia. I'm sure the number will grow.
While I couldn't always put something in the photo to help scale the bugs, trust me, it feels like they breed them a little bigger out here.
The current bug highlight, has been counting the number of spiders in our bedrooms each night. Given we have been able to a) make it a little competitive and b) give each spider a name*, Frankie is quite enjoying the nightly activity and gets a little disappointed if no spiders are nearby^. Spider census has been followed closely on the highlight reel by seeing Bob catch a monster mosquito in notre chambre. Who needs mefloquine (our family's anti-malarial medication with a side-effect of vivid nightmares) when you are surrounded by giant spiders?
*all spiders are currently getting called 'Bob'
^there is a mosquito net between Frank and Bob/s for those arachnophobes out there.




Comments
Post a Comment